North Augusta’s Music in the Park series opens season May 10
Rock, blues, rockabilly and jazz are among the genres that will take center stage during North Augusta’s 2018 Music in the Park series.
The free, hour-long, outdoor concerts will be held in North Augusta’s Maude Edenfield Park at 7 p.m. each Thursday from May 10 to July 12. The park, lat 495 Brookside Ave., is adjacent to the North Augusta Community Center.
“These outstanding acts bring a variety of genres to our series and are certain to become audience favorites,” said Angela Davis, a member of the Arts Council. “The series is for all ages, and we invite everyone to bring a chair or blanket and enjoy music in this beautiful outdoor setting.”
The concert dates and performers are as follows:
• May 10, North Augusta Idol Spotlight and the Flashbacks (oldies and beach music)
• May 17, King Cat and the Elders (rockabilly)
• May 24, Savannah River Winds (classical and contemporary)
• May 31, Garden City Chorus and Harmony River Chorus (barbershop)
• June 7, Mike Frost Band (cross-over jazz)
• June 14, Backline (bluegrass)
• June 21, Doug and the Henrys (bluegrass)
• June 28, 246th Army Band, National Guard (patriotic)
• July 5, Garden City Jazz
• July 12, Philip Lee Band (rock).
Sponsors are the North Augusta Cultural Arts Council, the City of North Augusta and the University Health Care System. Concerts will be moved inside the Community Center in the event of inclement weather.
For more information and links to preview performers, visit naartscouncil.com.