Woman dies from fire injuries 5 days after room caught fire
An elderly woman died Wednesday from injuries suffered in a fire in her room at an assisted living center in Gorham, the state fire marshal’s office said.
Lynda Muccino, 84, died at Maine Medical Center, where she had been hospitalized since the Friday night fire at the Gorham House, officials said.
Investigators say a table lamp falling on a bed started the fire. Muccino was being treated for burns and smoke inhalation.
Her death was the fifth fire fatality this year in Maine, said Stephen McCausland, spokesman for the Maine Department of Public Safety.
The headline of this story has been corrected to show that the victim died 5 days, not 3 days, after the fire.