CarMax Celebrates 15 Years as One of FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For®
RICHMOND, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb 14, 2019--For 15 consecutive years, CarMax, Inc. (NYSE: KMX), the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, has been named by FORTUNE magazine as one of its 100 Best Companies to Work For ®. CarMax ranks 33 for 2019.
“Our associates are our true differentiators and make CarMax a great place to work,” said Diane Cafritz, CarMax chief human resources officer. “We are proud to help every associate redefine their journey and take their career places they never imagined.”
CarMax is currently hiring for more than 1,200 positions in existing and new locations across the country. The majority of open store positions are in sales and service operations including technicians, inventory roles, and more. Additional positions are available in the business office and for fleet drivers. Some of the areas with a large number of job openings include: San Francisco, CA; Portland, OR; Seattle, WA; Boston, MA; Houston and Dallas, TX; Chicago, IL; and Denver, CO. Positions range from full to part-time, with day and evening shifts available.
The company is also hiring for customer service positions at CarMax Auto Finance in Atlanta, GA and for marketing, technology, product and corporate strategy positions at the CarMax Home Office and the CarMax Digital and Technology Innovation Center in Richmond, Virginia. Interested candidates can visit the CarMax careers website to apply.
“It’s never been a more exciting time to be at CarMax as we continue to revolutionize the industry and grow nationwide,” said Cafritz.
Why Work at CarMax?
- Endless career paths driven by our diversity of roles, unmatched training and support for associate career growth.
- A commitment to taking care of our associates through competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including full and part-time benefits and a retirement savings plan.
- A growing business fueled by operating with integrity and transparency; and a focus on giving our customers an experience they’ve never had before.
- An ability to make an impact in the communities where our associates live and work through company sponsored events and volunteer team builders.
- An inclusive environment that welcomes new perspectives (automotive experience is welcomed, but not a requirement for most roles).
- An award-winning workplace including FORTUNE magazine’s Best Workplaces in Retail and Best Workplaces for Diversity; Training Magazine’s “Training Top 125” companies in America; and recognition by G.I. Jobs as a Military Friendly Employer.
How Can Job Seekers Apply?
- If you’re ready to redefine your career journey, we’d love to hear from you. Apply today at jobs.carmax.com.
CarMax is the nation’s largest retailer of used cars and operates more than 200 stores in 41 states nationwide. CarMax revolutionized the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity car buying experience customers want and deserve. For more than 25 years, CarMax has made car buying more ethical, fair and stress-free by offering a no-haggle, no-hassle experience and an incredible selection of vehicles. CarMax makes selling your car easy too, by offering no-obligation appraisals good for seven days. At CarMax, we’ll buy your car even if you don’t buy ours®. CarMax has nearly 25,000 associates nationwide and for 15 consecutive years has been named as one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®. During the 12 months ending February 28, 2018, the company retailed 721,512 used cars and sold 408,509 wholesale vehicles at its in-store auctions. For more information, access the CarMax website at www.carmax.com.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190214005503/en/
CONTACT: Jennifer Bartusiak, CarMax Public Relations
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA VIRGINIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: SENIORS WOMEN AUTOMOTIVE AFTERMARKET TEENS RETAIL OTHER RETAIL CONSUMER MEN
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 02/14/2019 08:47 AM/DISC: 02/14/2019 08:47 AM