Five things you need to know today, March 6
Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Tuesday, March 6. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. The Ector County Independent School District Board of Trustees will meet in a work session at 6 p.m. today to discuss another bond and tax ratification election.
2. It’s election day in Texas and voters in Odessa have state and county offices on the ballot with everything from who will represent this district in Washington down to county party chairs.
3. A week after taking office, Odessa’s new interim city attorney said he wants to ensure continuity in the city’s work on major projects and that the city complies with both letter and spirit of open government laws.
4. The wife of the man who was convicted of shooting two Odessa police officers was arraigned Monday by an Ector County Grand Jury on charges she hindered police who were trying to arrest her husband’s arrest.
5. Deputies charged a man Thursday after he reportedly sexually assaulted a 13-year-old girl.