Fourth of July on Seventh Street a “Salute to the Fourth”
Salute to the Fourth, Rochester’s only Fourth of July celebration, is back for the fourth consecutive year with more activities, more food booths and more music than ever.
Organized and run by The Commission, a group of young Rochester professionals, Salute to the Fourth has events running from the early Wednesday afternoon until almost midnight. The fireworks will begin around 10 p.m.
The day’s events include:
• 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., Salute to the Fourth Skate and BMX contest. Open to all skill levels for both categories. Check-in and warmups start at 11 a.m. at the Silver Lake Outdoor Skate Park. Pre-register at e.sparxo.com/salute4thcontest.
• 2 p.m. to 11:50 p.m., Salute to the Fourth Food Truck Festival along Seventh Street Northeast. Find local food trucks including Twisted Barrel Wood-Fired Pizza, Kooky Concessions and Catering and more. Last year many trucks were sold out by the end of the evening.
• 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Salute to the Fourth Car, Truck and Motorcycle Show at Seventh Street Northeast. All makes and models welcome. Pre-register vehicles at e.sparxo.com/salute4thshow.
• 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Salute to the Fourth Free Kids Camp at the Silver Lake Pool. Kids can meet players on the Med City Freeze and Med City FC, as well as participate in activities and games. Pre-register at e.sparxo.com/SaluteKidsCamp.
• 5:30 p.m., music starts with Rochester punk band Local Sports and ’60s-style pop music from The Shift. At 8 p.m., Riverside Concerts will present the Concert Band. Following the fireworks, a family-friendly after-party will run until 11:45 p.m. with music by DJ Gavin Boss.
Local businesses will also be present starting at 3 p.m. with booths and activities.
Salute the Fourth attendance reached 15,000 in 2017 and is expected to be even higher this year.
“We keep gaining traction as each year comes,” said Commission executive team member Crystal Heim. Heim has been heavily involved in organizing and promoting this year’s event. “The Commission is so excited to continue to put this event on for the community.”