Insights Into the Global Tube Packaging Market: Growth Analysis & Forecast 2019-2024 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 24, 2019--
The “Tube Packaging Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2019 - 2024)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The tube packaging market was valued at USD 7.44 billion in 2018 and is expected to reach a value of USD 9.79 billion by 2024, at a CAGR of 5.46%, during the forecast period (2019-2024). The trend of laminated tubes is currently governing the market. These tubes improve the shelf-life of the product by offering protection against bacteria, due to which the demand is rising.
- The market has witnessed very steep demand for BB and CC creams which have been applied with bare hands and are packaged in tubes. The demand is growing due to its flexibility which is driving the market.
- The pharmaceutical market is also driving the growth of the market especially medicines which are used in Dermatology where tube packing is extensively used. Global pharmaceutical sales globally in 2018 was 110 billion USD according to AstraZeneca and the future growth of the pharmaceutical sector will drive the demand for tubes and bottles packaging particularly.
- Further, technological advancements in cosmetic packaging due to focus on enhancing the user’s experience such as by including a brush or sponge head, on a tube with a pump and other innovative applicators, are being requested more often.
- The increasing urbanization, growing millennial population, and rising disposable incomes of consumers are the major contributors to this growth. Urbanization has created several opportunities for market players, by boosting disposable income and creating awareness about the availability of different cosmetics products thereby significantly spurring the demand for Tube packing.
- However, regulations vary across regions and countries for packing which may hamper the growth of the market.
Key Market Trends
Plastics to Drive the Market Growth
- Plastic is a prominent material used in tube packaging, due to its low cost, lightweight, flexibility, durability, and other factors. In addition, it is odorless and offers a pleasant appearance.
- As convenience and hygiene are gaining importance across regions, the demand for plastic tubes is propelling, specifically in the cosmetic industry.
- However, over the last decade, the environmental impacts of plastic have resulted in a slowdown of the segment.
- Nevertheless, sustainable packaging has ensured significant amounts of plastic recycling and innovations in material technology that have enabled the development of environment-friendly plastic packaging solutions.
- Furthermore, increased focus and developments in recycled plastic is overruling the drawbacks of plastics.
Asia-Pacific to Execute a Significant Growth Rate
- The population in Asia-Pacific is increasingly improving its lifestyle and living standards. This factor coupled with the rising trends in cosmetic and pharmaceutical products and awareness for health and hygiene is driving the market in the region.
- Apart from cosmetic demand from the region, Asia-Pacific countries are significantly exporting cosmetic products to the US. According to the International Trade Administration, over 20% of US. global exports are via Asian countries.
- Moreover, the demand for healthcare and hygiene in the country is also high. In China with a population of 1.37 billion, the oral disease has a large burden on the government healthcare system and is an even greater economic burden on individuals. Periodontal diseases are common in India as well. these factors have resulted in an increased demand for toothpaste and other oral care products that use tube packaging.
- Besides, China accounted for 51% of the world’s plastic scrap imports in 2017, according to the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries. This emphasis on plastic recycling is also estimated to expand the plastic tube packaging sector, thereby, supporting the growth of tube packaging.
The tube packaging market is highly fragmented due to the presence of a large number of players. Moreover, sustainable competitive advantage can be gained through innovation (design, technology, and application) and partnerships. In addition, there is a fairly high probability of new players entering the market studied, further intensifying the competition. Therefore, the market incumbents have been identified to adopt a powerful competitive strategy, characterized by acquisitions, mergers and acquisitions, and a strong emphasis on R&D.
Some key market players in the market are Amcor, Bemis, Tetrapack among others. Some key recent developments in the market include:
- March 2018 - Packaging companies, Amcor and SIG, partnered for aluminum sourcing. The collaboration aimed at ensuring the supply chain of aluminum foil meets the statutes of the Aluminum Stewardship Initiative (ASI).
- February 2018 - Berry Global Group, Inc. acquired the Clopay Plastic Products Company, Inc. a subsidiary of Griffon Corporation for USD 475 million in cash on a debt-free, cash-free basis. The acquisition of Clopay is directly aligned with the company’s fundamental strategic initiatives.
Key Topics Covered
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Growth in Flexible Packaging
4.3.2 Increasing Demand for Convenience Packaging
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Regulations in the Packaging Industry
4.5 Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Force Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type of Package
5.1.5 Other Types of Package
5.2 By Material
5.2.4 Other Materials
5.3 By Application
5.3.1 Personal Care
5.3.2 Healthcare and Pharmaceutical
5.3.5 Other Applications
5.4.1 North America
5.4.4 Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Amcor Limited
6.1.2 Bemis Company
6.1.3 Berry Plastics
6.1.4 Essel Propack Limited
6.1.5 VisiPak Inc.
6.1.6 IntraPac International Corporation
6.1.7 CCL Industries
6.1.8 Fischbach KG.
6.1.9 Alba S.A.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/petfr7
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190524005265/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: MANUFACTURING PACKAGING
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/24/2019 11:53 AM/DISC: 05/24/2019 11:53 AM