Walmart U.S. Q1 comp sales grew 3.4% and Walmart U.S. eCommerce sales grew 37%, Company reports Q1 FY′20 GAAP EPS of $1.33; Adjusted EPS of $1.13, led by strength at Walmart U.S.
BENTONVILLE, Ark.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 16, 2019--
Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT):
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190516005426/en/
Walmart reports Q1 FY20 earnings
- Total revenue was $123.9 billion, an increase of $1.2 billion, or 1.0%. Excluding currency, total revenue was $125.8 billion, an increase of $3.1 billion, or 2.5%.
- Walmart U.S. comp sales of 3.4% marks the best Q1 comp in 9 years and is the fourth consecutive quarter above 3%. Operating income was better than expected, up 5.5%.
- Walmart U.S. eCommerce sales growth of 37% reflects strong growth in online grocery, as well as the Home and Fashion categories on Walmart.com.
- Sam’s Club comp sales increased 0.3%, and eCommerce sales grew about 28%. Reduced tobacco sales negatively affected comp sales by 270 basis points.
- Net sales at Walmart International were $28.8 billion, a decline of 4.9%. Excluding currency, net sales were $30.6 billion, an increase of 1.2%.
- Operating income declined 4.1%, or 3.0% in constant currency, which was better than planned as strong results from Walmart U.S. and Sam’s Club were offset by the inclusion of Flipkart this year.
- Adjusted EPS excludes an unrealized gain, net of tax, of $0.20 on the company’s equity investment in JD.com.
Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better - anytime and anywhere - in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, over 275 million customers and members visit our more than 11,300 stores under 58 banners in 27 countries and eCommerce websites. With fiscal year 2019 revenue of $514.4 billion, Walmart employs over 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190516005426/en/
CONTACT: Investor Relations contact
Dan Binder (479) 258-7172
Media Relations contact
Randy Hargrove (800) 331-0085
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA ARKANSAS
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: DEPARTMENT STORES DISCOUNT/VARIETY ONLINE RETAIL SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT HOME GOODS OFFICE PRODUCTS RETAIL COSMETICS FASHION FOOD/BEVERAGE SPECIALTY SUPERMARKET OTHER RETAIL
SOURCE: Walmart Inc.
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/16/2019 07:02 AM/DISC: 05/16/2019 07:02 AM