3 hurt after fire caused by attempt to kill bed bugs
CINCINNATI — Authorities say that three people have been injured and 10 people left homeless after a woman accidentally started a fire while trying to kill bed bugs with rubbing alcohol at a multi-family home in Cincinnati.
WXIX-TV reports it’s the second time in two weeks that a fire sparked by attempts to kill bed bugs has caused extensive damage in Cincinnati.
Officials say the fire late Friday heavily damaged a five-unit building and sent three people to a hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. Their injuries aren’t considered life-threatening.
The Red Cross is finding lodging for three teenagers and seven adults. Damage is estimated at $250,000.