San Antonio photographer’s sites go dark after child porn arrest
A prominent photographer from San Antonio appeared briefly in court Tuesday on a charge of receiving child pornography, as area schools informed parents he had taken pictures of some students, though no inappropriate conduct was found in those shoots.
Christopher Alexander Reilly, 46, photographed dancers and students around the country, and was arrested last week by the FBI.
RELATED: S.A. photographer facing child porn charges owns home half mile from North Side elementary school
He had taken photos of dance, band and cheer students at Reagan High School, and some students at Johnson High School, but the schools told parents in letters that the photo shoots were monitored and no inappropriate conduct was reported, the Northeast Independent School District said.
A criminal complaint affidavit said Reilly mailed two computer hard drives to a recovery service business in Dallas, and the repair people told the feds on Jan. 24 that they had found child porn on them. The images described in the affidavit are graphic.
RELATED: Warrant: Central Texas man forced teen into sex, threatened to ‘kill her family’
The FBI raided Reilly’s home on Jan. 31, and he told them he had downloaded child porn videos and watched some as recently as the previous night.
“Reilly admitted downloading images depicting children engaged in sexually explicit conduct from the Internet and saving videos of such child pornography to an external hard drive,” the affidavit said. “Reilly stated at the beginning of this year...he obtained a new hard drive and ‘went a little crazy’ and downloaded videos from the Internet depicting children engaged in sexually explicit conduct and saved them onto his new hard drive. His hard drive failed and he sent the hard drive to a recovery service in Dallas.”
RELATED: Flight attendant says she saved a girl from human trafficking with a secret note
Reilly had a following on social media, but his Instagram and Twitter accounts, his Web site and Facebook page all are down now.
Tuesday’s bail hearing was postponed until Thursday after his lawyer told U.S. Magistrate Judge Henry Bemporad that he was not ready. If convicted, he faces five to 20 years in prison.