Fairfield fire causes about $10,000 in damages

January 14, 2018 GMT

FAIRFIELD — A fire on Lampwick Lane in town Saturday did roughly $10,000 in damages, according to Fairfield fire officials.

But, fire officials said via Facebook that firefighters’ quick extinguishment and the homeowner’s quick thinking prevents a $650,000 property loss.

Firefighters responded to a single-family home on Lampwick Lane to see heavy smoke caused by a fire in the laundry room. The first fire officer on scene went into the residence and extinguished the fire in the room of origin.

Before fire personnel arrived, the homeowner closed the interior doors to prevent smoke and fire damage from spreading, fire officials said.

A total of 20 firefighters responded to the residential fire. Within 11 minutes of the fist engine company’s arrival, the fire was under control. Fire personnel ventilated the house with fans to remove the smoke from the home.

No firefighter or house occupants were injured during the fire.

The 3,430-square-foot colonial structure was built in 1988.