Fire damages Storm Lake duplex

December 27, 2017 GMT

STORM LAKE, Iowa | Overheated electrical wiring caused a fire that severely damaged a Storm Lake duplex Christmas morning.

The Storm Lake Fire Department was dispatched at 12:14 a.m. Monday to 524 Hudson St. to a report of a house fire. Upon arrival, heavy smoke was visible coming from the attic and second floor of the duplex apartment.

Firefighters located a fire in the attic space above both apartments and were able to extinguish it.

The lone resident home at the time of the fire had smelled smoke and called 911. There were no injuries.


Damage to the duplex is estimated at $30,000.