Global $291Bn+ Durable Medical Equipment Market Outlook, 2019-2027 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov 25, 2019--
The “Durable Medical Equipment Market to 2027 - Global Analysis and Forecasts By Device Type, End User and Geography” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global durable medical equipment market is forecasted to reach US$ 291.53 Bn in 2027 from US$ 170.89 Bn in 2018. The durable medical equipment market is estimated to grow with a CAGR of 6.5% from 2019-2027.
The market is driven owing to factors such as the prevalence of chronic diseases, increasing elderly population, and growing incidents of road accidents. However, the high cost of therapeutic products and procedures and social stigma associated with the use of walking canes and crutches may limit the growth of the market to a certain extent.
During recent years the use of mobility aids has been associated with a certain level of social stigma. Certain social cultures in developing nations associate disability with disease, curses, helplessness, or dependence. Though the acceptance of personal mobility aids has increased over the years, people feel uneasy when they are faced with the probability of using mobility equipment themselves.
The use of assistive devices has been considered as a marker of an inability to perform certain physical activities. Some individuals, specifically the younger age group, undergo a loss of confidence in using walking aids such as canes and crutches. Hence, the associated stigma is expected to hinder the growth of the durable medical equipment market during the forecast period.
Global durable medical equipment was segmented based on device type and end user. Based on the device type, the durable medical equipment market is categorized as monitoring & therapeutic devices and personal mobility devices. Similarly, the market is classified based on end user such as hospitals & clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and home healthcare.
The major primary and secondary sources referred to in the report include the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, World Health Organization, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, The International Diabetes Federation, The International Study of Asthma and Allergies in Childhood and others.
Reasons to Buy
- Save and reduce time carrying out entrylevel research by identifying the growth, size, leading players and segments in the durable medical equipment market.
- Highlights key business priorities in order to assist companies to realign their business strategies.
- The key findings and recommendations highlight crucial progressive industry trends in the global durable medical equipment market, thereby allowing players across the value chain to develop effective longterm strategies.
- Develop/modify business expansion plans by using substantial growth offering developed and emerging markets.
- Scrutinize indepth global market trends and outlook coupled with the factors driving the market, as well as those hindering it.
- Enhance the decisionmaking process by understanding the strategies that underpin security interest with respect to client products, segmentation, pricing and distribution.
- Invacare Corporation
- Hillrom Services Inc.
- Medical Depot Inc.
- GF Health Products Inc.
- Sunrise Medical (US) LLC
- Medline Industries Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/z7fqlg
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191125005570/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: MEDICAL DEVICES HEALTH
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 11/25/2019 10:34 AM/DISC: 11/25/2019 10:34 AM