PPG Foundation Invests $45,000 in 8 Alabama Organizations
HUNTSVILLE, Ala.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb 14, 2019--PPG (NYSE:PPG) today announced that the PPG Foundation recently invested $45,000 in eight Alabama organizations in support of educational and community sustainability programs. The grants were made in the fourth quarter of 2018 on behalf of PPG’s aerospace facility in Huntsville, Alabama.
The grant recipients and funding purposes were:
- Academy for Learning and Character Development(ALCD): $750 in classroom supplies to the ALCD, which provides safe and affordable childcare in a developmentally appropriate environment to disadvantaged preschool and school-aged children.
- Alabama Aviation Education Center Incorporated: $25,000 for the development of the Discovery Space Exhibit Hall at Flight Works Alabama, which will provide learners of all ages the opportunity to be inspired and learn skills applicable to advanced manufacturing and aviation specifically.
- Enrichment Center: $750 in classroom supplies to support the Enrich & Impact Program, which provides professional counseling services to schoolchildren in Madison and Huntsville Counties.
- Family Services Center, Inc.: $750 to provide utility assistance to low-income, single parent families enrolled in Family Services Center’s emergency shelter program, which provides comprehensive, prevention-based services designed to increase self-sufficiency and accountability.
- GreenpowerUSA Foundation: $5,000 for a project-based science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) learning initiative for high school students based around designing and building a single-seat electric powered racecar.
- John Stallworth Foundation: $7,000 in scholarships for deserving, academically gifted students who are unable to pay for college due to diverse economic circumstances.
- Madison County Career Technical Center: $750 to provide transportation for students of Madison Country Career Technical Center to participate in an industry tour of PPG’s Huntsville facility in honor of National Manufacturing Day.
- Much Is Expected, Inc.: $5,000 for educational programs, including student camps, short courses and secondary STEM classes.
“PPG is committed to investing in educational programs that provide local youth with real-work experiences in STEM-related fields, which are important for the advancement of the aerospace industry,” said Tom Meyer, PPG plant manager, Huntsville.
PPG and the PPG Foundation aim to bring color and brightness to PPG communities around the world. We invested more than $9 million in 2018, supporting hundreds of community organizations across 28 countries. By investing in educational opportunities, we help grow today’s skilled workforce and develop tomorrow’s innovators in fields related to coatings and manufacturing. Plus, we empower PPG employees to multiply their impact for causes that are important to them by supporting their volunteer efforts and charitable giving. Learn more at www.ppgcommunities.com.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
At PPG (NYSE:PPG), we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries and reported net sales of $15.4 billion in 2018. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com.
We protect and beautify the world and Colorful Communities are trademarks and the PPG Logo is a registered trademark of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190214005548/en/
CONTACT: PPG Media Contacts:
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA ALABAMA PENNSYLVANIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HOCKEY BUILDING SYSTEMS MANUFACTURING AEROSPACE AUTOMOTIVE MANUFACTURING CHEMICALS/PLASTICS ENGINEERING PACKAGING STEEL TEXTILES OTHER MANUFACTURING ARCHITECTURE AUTOMOTIVE PHILANTHROPY INTERIOR DESIGN RETAIL OTHER PHILANTHROPY SPECIALTY CONSTRUCTION & PROPERTY COMMERCIAL BUILDING & REAL ESTATE RESIDENTIAL BUILDING & REAL ESTATE OTHER CONSTRUCTION & PROPERTY OTHER RETAIL GENERAL AUTOMOTIVE SPORTS FOUNDATION
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 02/14/2019 10:02 AM/DISC: 02/14/2019 10:02 AM