The biggest beauty buzz on the spring runways
Face a new season with a fresh outlook! Update your makeup palette with Easter egg-colored eye shadows, bold lips, glowing cheeks and strong brows. Try one new trend at a time and you’ll have a whole new attitude to welcome spring. Here’s what’s making the biggest buzz on the spring runways:
• Luscious lips. If you only change one thing in your makeup routine this season, make it your lip color. From velvety corals to hot fuchsias to barely-there pinks, there are plenty of choices for every preference. Just try a change — or two or three!
• Dramatic eyes. Whether you prefer sugary pastels or powerful primary hues, the eyeshadows this spring contrast with neutral skin and nude foundations to give them even more impact. Stick to pale lips when wearing electric eye shades and to pastel shadows when wearing bolder lips. The color of the moment? A swipe of cobalt blue.
• The new smoky eye. The smudged smoky eye is alive and well, especially accented with black-as-black mascara and eyeliner. But the newest smoky looks layer “desert sunset” colors such as burgundy, coral, copper and gold.
• Glittering metallics. Spaceage heroines came alive on the runways this spring with sparkling cat-eyes and frosted lips. Verging on the edge of theatrical, some makeup artists went to the outer limits of fantasy with pops of glitter on the face and nails. Watch for “stick-on” pearls and jewels to add even more out-of-this-world glamour. Save this trend for party pics or prom night.
• No-makeup makeup. With all this color bursting out of spring cosmetics collections, it’s no wonder that when it comes to foundation, makeup artists are toning it down. Sheer loose powders are brushed on for a translucent fresh face — the perfect backdrop for drama on the eyes and lips.
• The wet look. Dewy glowing skin is getting a jump-start on bronzed summer makeup. “Glassy” skin is achieved with tinted serums, cheek gels and glossy lip colors. Book an appointment with a facialist or use one of the many face-massaging beauty tools on the market to get your glow going now — before you head to the beach!
To find out more about Sharon Mosley and read features by other Creators Syndicate writers and cartoonists, visit the Creators Syndicate webpage at www.creators.com.