Related topics

Exploding vape pen lights student’s backpack on fire

October 19, 2017

NORTHBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) — A school bus had quite the scare in Massachusetts after a student’s backpack burst into flames.

Police say the fire happened around 7:15 a.m. Wednesday in Northbridge as the students were heading to Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School.

The bus driver was able to evacuate the students and use a fire extinguisher to put out the blaze.

Authorities traced the fire to a vape pen battery that had exploded.

No injuries were reported, and a second bus was able to transport the students to their destination.

All contents © copyright 2019 The Associated Press.All rights reserved.