Murder suspect missing for the second time

May 16, 2019 GMT

A man who previously went on the run during a murder investigation is once again missing, leaving Fort Bend County Crime Stoppers and various law enforcement agencies searching for the man.

Giuseppe Briguglio, 20, is wanted after he allegedly cut off his GPS ankle monitor in February and has not been seen since. Locally, Briguglio has ties to Katy, Fort Bend County and the Memorial area.

Briguglio was charged with murder in connection with the Jan. 1, 2018, shooting death in Stafford of William James Outlaw, 22, of Missouri City. Also present and charged with murder was then 17-year-old Jessica Lynn Musante, who is currently out of jail after posting a $91,000 bond. Her next court date is June 7, according to Fort Bend County District Clerk records.


Following the murder, Briguglio was found to be at a home in Ansonia, Conn., on Jan. 11, 2018. Musante, who is from Sugar Land but previously lived in Connecticut, was also arrested at the home.

Outlaw was discovered shortly before 2 a.m. Jan. 1, 2018, after police were called to investigate reports of gunfire at the Estates of Fountain Lake apartments, 10498 Fountain Lake Drive. A body in an apartment breezeway was later identified as Outlaw, Stafford police said at the time.

Stafford police did not release information about a possible motive for the slaying at the time but said their investigators along with Texas Rangers developed information that led to Briguglio and Musante being identified as possible suspects in the fatal shooting.

Police in Connecticut confirmed Musante is originally from Shelton, a town about five miles away from where she was eventually arrested along with Briguglio. It was officers from Musante’s hometown who discovered a possible address where she could be found in Ansonia.

As Stafford investigators were securing arrest warrants in Fort Bend County for Briguglio and Musante, police in Ansonia were surrounding the home where they were found.

“We ordered the occupants out of the house over our (public address) system,” Lt. Patrick Lynch with the Ansonia Police Department said previously. “There was no weapon recovered in the (Stafford homicide) and we weren’t sure they were still armed.

“There was no resistance. They were taken into custody.”

Briguglio had at least three incidences reported to the court while out on bail.

The first incident happened Sept. 7, 2018, when he allegedly failed to recharge his ankle monitor which caused it to lose power. For 2 hours, 21 minutes, his whereabouts were unknown. His bond was not revoked but he was instead sent to jail for 30 days, after which his bond conditions were modified to include weekly drug testing and he was ordered to live with his grandparents in the Energy Corridor area.


On Jan. 25, 2019, a hair sample was taken and tested for substance abuse/alcohol. The test came back positive for “heroin metabolite,” according to court records.

Then on Feb. 1, 2019, at 5:06 p.m., Briguglio’s ankle monitor indicated a “‘strap alert,’ which can indicate the GPS anklet’s strap has become separated from the ankle,” according to a pretrial bond supervision report.

Briguglio’s whereabouts have been unknown ever since.

Anyone with information on the location of any of Briguglio is urged to call the Crime Stoppers anonymous “REWARD” hotline at (281) 342-TIPS (8477) or submit a Web Tip at www.fortbend.crimestoppersweb.com.

Reporter Mike Glenn contributed to this report.