Related topics

‘Jordan is alive:’ Audio released from North Augusta teen’s murder

December 14, 2016

Hours before 15-year-old Jordan Shores was pronounced dead from a gunshot wound in November, the aunt of the teenager with whom he was playing video games frantically called 911 demanding an ambulance as Shores lay bleeding on the floor of her apartment.

But he was still alive, according to newly- released 911 recordings obtained by the Aiken Standard.

“They pistol-whipped him,” the aunt tells dispatch. ” ... I heard them screaming, came running downstairs, and these two little boys tried to shoot me coming down the stairs,”

Shores, a student at Midland Valley High School, was killed on the morning of Nov. 18 after police say several teenagers, including a 15-year-old boy, broke into an apartment on Fairview Road in Clearwater and shot Shores in the head, then pistol-whipped another 16-year-old boy, before fleeing the scene with only a PlayStation 4.

He was pronounced dead that following Saturday at Augusta University Medical Center.

Five men – Ronquavis James Howard, 17; Raihem Faisson McCorkle, 17, of New Ellenton; Undraize Antonio Dixon, 17, of Warrenville; Deonte Raequan Schultz, 17, of Beech Island; and Aikel Leetrez Harrison, 19, of Aiken – have been charged in the teen’s murder.

As of Tuesday, they remained in the Aiken County detention center.

A 15-year-old juvenile, not named by police, also has been charged in Shores’ murder. He remains jailed at the Department of Juvenile Justice in Columbia.

Though not confirmed, police believe the shooting death was possibly drug related.

‘Jordan is alive’

At almost 1:30 a.m. Nov. 18, a 911 dispatcher received the first call from the homeowner.

″... I got woke up by ... two guys in my house,” the homeowner tells dispatch. “They have shot one of my son’s friends and broke my nephew’s nose. He says they hit him with the pistol.”

The dispatcher asks if anyone has been shot.

“They pistol-whipped him,” she yells. “I heard them screaming, came running downstairs, and these two little boys tried to shoot me coming down the stairs.”

She said two black men broke into her home and she doesn’t know who they are.

“They were playing the game. ... It was like five minutes ago. Can you please hurry up? Jordan is alive. He could, he needs to go to the hospital.”

Dispatch tells her an ambulance is on the way.

A second call at 1:30 a.m. is received by dispatch, this time from a female neighbor, who says there’s just been a shooting and what she thinks is a robbery.

“It’s my neighbor. I just heard some screaming, and so I got up and poked out the window and I could hear somebody screaming.”

The caller says she saw three “black boys” run out of the apartment and heard three gunshots before the suspects got into a car and fled the scene.

She tells dispatch there were two cars outside of the home – one silver Honda Accord and the other, either a burgundy or black Impala. She says the “skinny boys” are wearing black jackets, black jeans and hoodies.

The caller apologizes to the 911 dispatcher at least three times.

“Oh Lord, I’m so scared,” she says. “I’m so sorry.”

The homeowner calls police again in a panic, although it’s unclear what time she calls. She tells dispatch the victims are still waiting on an ambulance.

“Ma’am, I’ve got an ambulance coming ... got officers coming. We’re out with the possible suspects,” the female dispatcher says.

During the calls, according to a computer automated dispatch, or CAD, report provided to the newspaper, Aiken County Sheriff’s Office deputies are searching for the shooters who fled in both cars.

At 1:42 a.m., a deputy reports following one of the cars headed toward Storm Branch Road. Passing Pepper Branch Road, the car picks up speeds of 50 mph, then 60 mph. At Blackstone Camp Road, two of the men in the car exit the car; one is held at gunpoint and arrested, while the other has run into the woods, the report shows.

By 8:34 a.m. Nov. 18, two of the suspects are arrested in a search that involved multi-agency assistance, tracking dogs and at least one person with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

By Nov. 19, three of the six suspects have been charged, with the remaining three were charged in the next few days.

It’s unclear when the next court date will be for all six people charged.

The Solicitor’s Office was not available for comment by press time.