SWCD hosts 71st annual meeting, banquet
CHESAPEAKE — The Lawrence Soil and Water Conservation District will host its 71st annual meeting and banquet on Saturday, Oct. 20, at Collins Career Technical Center, 11627 St. Route 243, Chesapeake.
The evening will begin with the SWCD Board of Supervisors voting from 5 until 5:45 p.m.
The banquet will begin at 6 p.m.
Cost is $12 for adults; $6 for children 5-12 and free for children 4 and younger. The menu includes roast beef, turkey, ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, dressing, green beans, corn, rolls, drinks and desserts.
The agenda for the event is as follows:
- 5-5:45 p.m.: Voting open for SWCD Board of Supervisors
- 6 p.m.: Welcome/Pledge of Allegiance/invocation
- 6:05 p.m.: Dinner
- 7 p.m.: Introductions
- 7:15 p.m.: Presentation of awards, certificates and Outstanding Cooperator of the Year
- 7:45 p.m.: Jason Stephens, Lawrence County auditor, will discuss CAUV
- 8 p.m.: Lawrence SWCD supervisor election results
- 8:05 p.m.: Closing remarks/distribution of door prizes
It is strongly encouraged that you RSVP for the event by calling the Lawrence SWCD at 1-740-867-4737.