Acid Spill Prompts King’s Laboratory Evacuation
WILKES-BARRE — King’s College officials ordered the partial evacuation of a science facility on Tuesday afternoon because of an acid spill.
The sulfuric acid spill on the third floor of the Mulligan Physical Science Center was reported shortly after 1 p.m. and caused officials to close seven rooms — classrooms and laboratories — because of concerns about fumes, college spokesman John McAndrew said.
No injuries were reported.
A contractor was en route to clean up the spill and was expected to arrive on scene later Tuesday afternoon, McAndrew said.
The facility was expected to fully reopen by Wednesday.