Veterans Day events and closures in Santa Fe
Veterans Day events
The annual Santa Fe Veterans Day Parade will begin at 10:30 a.m. Friday, Nov. 11, at Fire Station No. 1 on Morales Road near the Fort Marcy Ballpark and continue through the downtown Plaza before ending at the Bataan Memorial Building on Galisteo Street.
A commemoration ceremony will be held at the memorial, with music provided by the Santa Fe Concert Band.
Veterans Day closings
• Most nonemergency federal, state and local government offices will be closed, including city of Santa Fe recreation centers and libraries.
• Regular mail delivery will be suspended.
• Santa Fe Trails bus service will operate on a Saturday schedule, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• New Mexico Rail Runner Express trains will operate on a Saturday schedule.
• North Central Regional Transit District Blue Buses will not be in service.
• Hours of operation at various financial institutions will be affected by the holiday.
• City of Santa Fe curbside collection of trash and recycling will follow the regular schedule, but residents should have trash and recycling bins out on the street by 8 a.m.
• First Judicial District Court will be closed.
• Parking facilities will operate on normal hours and regular fees will apply, but street parking meters will be free in observation of the holiday.
• Santa Fe County offices are closed, but solid waste transfer stations are open.