BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — A former Connecticut college student accused of lying about being raped by two university football players has been offered a plea deal.

A judge on Monday set a Jan. 10 date for Nikki Yovino to accept or reject the offer.

Defense attorney Ryan O'Neill says the deal's details will remain confidential until then.

The 19-year-old New York native accused two Sacred Heart football players of sexually assaulting her during an October 2016 party. The players said the sex was consensual.

Police say Yovino later admitted making up the allegations because she was worried another student would lose romantic interest in her when he found out about the sexual encounter.

A judge last month denied Yovino access to a probation program that would have led to a dismissal of the charges.


Information from: Connecticut Post,