AP NEWS
Related topics

Child, grandfather escape Johnston County fire

March 4, 2018

A young boy and his grandfather escaped a house fire overnight, according to Johnston County officials.

The two were watching television in the home on Aycock Road near Micro, unaware of a smoldering blaze above them in the attic area.

Officials said it was when the grandfather opened a window due to a rising temperature in the house that he noticed the fire.

The two made it out of the house safely, but, according to family members, the home was heavily damaged in the fire.