Tri-County YMCA announces adult leagues, tourneys, boot camps
SCOTT DEPOT — The Tri-County YMCA in Scott Depot is offering a variety of fun ways for area resident’s to keep up their New Year’s resolutions to get fit.
Here are some group sports offered by the YMCA’s adult programming.
Adult co-ed volleyball league
Monday evenings starting at 7:45 p.m. from Jan. 14 through April 8 (10 week season with double elimination playoff tournament)
This Co-Ed Adult Volleyball League is for adults providing two divisions — advanced and recreational — to meet your skill level and competitive interest. Volleyball provides a great workout and is a great way to meet people and make friends.
• Fee: Members $20; Non-Members $40
• Registration deadline: Jan. 7
• Captain’s meeting: Jan. 7
• Games begin: Jan. 14
• For more information: Contact Marty Bavetz at 304-757-0016 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday and Wednesday evenings starting at 6:30 p.m. from Jan. 7 through March 6 (no class Jan. 22). Features 50 minutes of high-intensity, fat-blasting, muscle-building, heart-pumping, no-frills total body fitness. No two classes are the same, something different every class. This class is held twice a week for eight weeks. Earn your “Boot Camp Survivor” T-shirt for completing the required number of classes in a session and join the fun.
Boot Camp participants will be able to use Saturday Strength Train Together as a make up day or as just an extra day. Saturday is optional, but it can be used as a day of credit toward the T-shirt reward.
• Fee: Members $20; non-members $45
• Class begins: Jan. 7
• For more information: Contact Mary Smith at 304-757-0016 or email@example.com
Introduction to racquetball
Racquetball is a fast, fun cardio workout that is play time for two, three or four people. Come learn it (or re-learn) this winter. You will be taught about the game, including rules and strategies, and will have time to play another participant or two. Racquets and balls will be available, but you are welcome to bring your own.
The class is for ages 13 & up (no upper age limit) and will be for one hour per week for four weeks. Class days and times will be dependent on the availability and needs of the participants but will start the week of Jan. 14.
• Fee: Members free; non-members: $20
• Registration deadline: Jan. 4
• Instruction begins: week of Jan. 14
For more information: Call Marty Bavetz at 304-757-0016.
Adult racquetball league
Tuesdays or Thursday evenings from Jan. 8 through April 2 (10-week season with single elimination playoff tournament). Games will be played on Tuesday and Thursday evenings beginning at 6 p.m. There is a set schedule, but games can be rescheduled as needed. A-League is for players who have played in either an “A” or “B” bracket in a State Tournament. The tournament and/or regular season B-League winner has the option of moving up to the A-League the next league.
• Fee: Members $20; non-members: $40
• Registration deadline: Jan. 3
• A-League games begin: Jan. 8
• B-League games begin: Jan. 10
• For more information: Mike Bentley, 304-416-5517, or Marty Bavetz, 304-757-0016
Adult co-ed volleyball scramble
The Tri-County YMCA will host its first Winter Warm Up Volleyball Scramble Tournament on Saturday, Jan. 12. Registration deadline will be 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 11, and play will begin at 9 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 12, where we will be playing 6′s. Participants must be 15 years or older to play. Matches will start every 45 minutes with the last match starting at 3:45 p.m.
• Fee: Members and non-members $20
• Registration deadline: 5 p.m. Jan. 11
• Games begin: 9 a.m. Jan. 12
• To register: Register online at https://goo.gl/EQgyBK or at the Y
• For more information: Marty Bavetz, 304-757-0016.