Responders rescue 2 babies from 3rd floor of building ablaze
HAZLETON, Pa. (AP) — Police officers and firefighters in Pennsylvania rescued two babies from a third-floor window of a building that caught fire, carrying them down a ladder to safety.
The Standard-Speaker of Hazleton says the blaze started late Friday morning in a restaurant’s rotisserie chicken cooker.
Two women holding babies came to a window of the building, and police told them that firefighters were on the way to help. The women can be seen in photos handing the babies to the rescuers.
The paper also says one man lowered himself from a second-story window as smoke billowed from a kitchen vent.
Another man was wearing only a towel when he escaped.
No injuries were reported, although 15 people were displaced.
A state police fire marshal ruled the fire an accident.
Information from: Standard-Speaker, http://www.standardspeaker.com