New gymnasium part of Trinity Catholic transformation
Trinity Catholic School is building a $2.47 million gymnasium, according to city permits.
The 9,300-square-foot gym follows the recent demolition of the school’s 90-year-old building and construction of a two-story building.
The old school, at 1306 W. Montgomery Ave., was replaced in April with a $4.5 million building just to the west at 2315 N. Cedar St., which houses grades K-8 and the school’s EduCare program. The building was funded by a donation from Edmund Schweitzer, who founded Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, and his wife, Beatriz.
The gym will sit on the site of the original demolished structure. The Emerson-Garfield Neighborhood school is owned by St. Anthony’s Catholic Parish.
The project’s general contractor and architect is Garco Construction.