AP NEWS

Rain in forecast Friday night and Sunday, heat and humidity as well

August 24, 2018 GMT

More rain is coming to the Madison area, and this time it will be accompanied by heat and humidity.

The National Weather Service said there’s a 70 percent chance of rain Friday night, with up to a half-inch of rain possible, then we could see a repeat on Sunday, with another half-inch of rain in the forecast.

Some storms could produce hail and locally heavy rain Friday night, so a number of high school football games moved up kickoff to late afternoon.

High temperatures are expected to be in the mid- to upper 80s on Sunday and Monday, with heat index readings in the mid- to upper 90s.

Rain chances taper off by mid week, and it could be very nice around here heading into the Labor Day weekend.

The day-to-day outlook:

Friday night: A 70 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 1 a.m., low around 63. Up to a half-inch of rain is possible.Saturday: A 10 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 7 a.m., then partly sunny, high near 82.Saturday night: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1 a.m., low around 67.Sunday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1 p.m., high near 87.Sunday night: A 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1 a.m., low around 72. Up to a half-inch of rain is possible.Monday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, high near 86.Monday night: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, low around 71.Tuesday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1 p.m., high near 83.Tuesday night: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, low around 62.Wednesday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, high near 79.Wednesday night: Partly cloudy, low around 60.Thursday: Mostly sunny, high near 77.