AP NEWS

Northern California man charged with 3 counts of murder

January 24, 2019

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — An ex-felon faces three counts of murder in the shooting deaths of three men in Northern California earlier this month.

The Alameda County district attorney’s office said 38-year-old Antonio Durant of Oakland was charged Wednesday with gunning down three men on Jan. 4 about three blocks from a Bay Area Rapid Transit station in Oakland.

Police said two of the victims were sitting in a parked car and the third was standing nearby.

Oakland Police say investigators haven’t determined a motive.

Durant was arrested last week after a high-speed vehicle pursuit ending when Durant crashed into a utility pole in Oakland.

Prosecutors say Durant was previously convicted of robbery and being an ex-felon in possession of a gun. Durant did not have an attorney who could speak for him Wednesday.

All contents © copyright 2019 The Associated Press.All rights reserved.