The Latest: Depp and Amber Heard issue joint statement
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Latest on Johnny Depp and Amber Heard settling their divorce, which included allegations the actor was abusive during their relationship. (all times local):
Johnny Depp and Amber Heard have released a joint statement in which they acknowledge their relationship was volatile and neither intended the other any physical or emotional harm.
The statement comes after lawyers for the actress filed a motion Tuesday to dismiss a temporary restraining order she obtained against Depp. She had accused him of hitting her during an altercation in May. The pair also settled financial issues in their divorce.
The statement says Heard will be donating proceeds from the divorce settlement to an undisclosed charity.
The statement says neither actor will comment further on the case.
Amber Heard is withdrawing allegations that Johnny Depp physically abused her and has settled her divorce case with the Oscar-nominated actor.
A source familiar with the case not authorized to speak publicly says Heard’s lawyers are filing a dismissal of her temporary restraining order against Depp on Tuesday.
A call to Heard’s lawyer Pierce O’Donnell was not immediately returned.
Heard filed for divorce in May and days later obtained a temporary restraining order accusing the “Pirates of the Caribbean” star of hitting her during a fight in their Los Angeles apartment in May. Depp denied he abused her, and police said they found no evidence of a crime.
A hearing on the case had been scheduled to begin Wednesday.