Florida restaurant evacuated, bomb squad blames thermometer
BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A popular Florida restaurant was evacuated as a bomb squad searched for a suspicious item. Turns out it was just a thermometer with a low battery.
Boynton Beach Police spokeswoman said the Texas Roadhouse was evacuated as a precaution Thursday night as officials searched the area. Several fire departments also responded to the call. But the culprit was merely a beeping thermometer suffering from a low battery.