Robin Thicke court case closed to public

February 25, 2017 GMT

Robin Thicke’s restraining order trial will be closed to the public.

The 39-year-old singer’s ex-wife Paula Patton obtained a temporary restraining order against him, requiring him to stay 100 yards away from Paula, her mother and their son Julian, six, outside of his pre-arranged visitation hours with youngster.

Paula has alleged that Robin physically abused her, was unfaithful and struggles with drug and alcohol addictions and in a trial, starting on March 6, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Roy Paul will decide whether or not to make the restraining order permanent.


And the New York Post’s Page Six reported that the judge has decided to close the hearing to the public and keep all court proceedings private.

Meanwhile, Paula, 41, recently claimed that Robin threatened to have her arrested for kidnapping their son.

The actress alleged in new court documents, obtained by gossip website TMZ.com, that he “willfully, intentionally, and wrongfully changed/fabricated a Court Order specifying custodial timeshare of the couple’s minor child” and “threatened to have [Paula] arrested for kidnapping premised upon the false and fraudulent court order” shortly before she was awarded temporary sole custody in January.

But a source close to ‘Blurred Lines’ hitmaker Robin, insisted they came to a custody agreement in February 2015 with a mediator and documented the details in private papers.

The insider told PEOPLE.com: “The document read exactly as it did on Feb. 4, 2015 when both parties agreed and signed, and there was nothing changed on that document.”

The actress also accused Robin and his team of engaging “in conduct specifically designed to influence the outcome of the DCFS investigation,” claiming the singer “took a DCFS [Department of Children & Family Services] case worker out for an expensive sushi dinner while DCFS was actively investigating allegations of abuse perpetrated by Mr. Thicke.”

But the source close to Robin said the dinner, which took place at Nobu in Los Angeles, was merely where he took Julian during one of his supervised visits and the DCFS worker did not sit at their table.