Click to copy
Click to copy
Related topics

Cause of Fargo senior living facility fire ruled accidental

January 10, 2019

FARGO, N.D. (AP) — Fire officials in Fargo have ruled accidental a fire that forced the evacuation of residents in 24 apartments at a senior living facility last week.

Fire Marshal Ryan Erickson said Thursday natural gas leaking from near the gas meter entered the Riverview Apartment Complex and was ignited in a nearby mechanical room.

The fire broke out shortly after 6 p.m. Friday. No residents or firefighters were hurt. An employee who tried to put out the blaze was taken to a hospital as a precaution.

The gas had to be shut off before the fire could be extinguished.

All contents © copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.