Global Craft Beer Market 2018-2023: Growth, Trends and Forecasts for the $38 Billion Industry - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 31, 2018--The “Global Craft Beer Market - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2018 - 2023)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global craft beer market accounted for USD 38,183.52 million and it is expected to attain a CAGR of 14.1% during the forecast period (2018-2023).
Beer Industry may have attained a maturation stage particularly in the developed markets, but the flavorful revolution has begun to fetch higher sales worldwide and this innovation is significantly visible in the form of Craft-Beer.
The growth contributions are mainly coming from North American market in particular the United States wherein the small and independent American craft brewers have already occupied 12% market share of the total beer market of the U.S. by 2015 according to the trade group Brewers Association report. In such market scenario, quality and safety becomes crucial aspects to craft beer industry as small and independent brewers continue to lead the local, full-flavored beer movement.
- Craft beer is fetching higher sales than traditional beer due to endeavors from local and international brewers that are expanding their distribution network and at the same time offering exciting new flavors and tastes. The rising consumer preference for low alcohol by volume (ABV) beer is fueling the growth of the global craft beer market.
- Consumers are increasingly preferring new styles and flavors of craft beer thus boosting its marketability. With the use of premium quality raw materials and advanced brewing techniques, major chunk of beer consumers have been successfully diverted to craft beer segment from mainstream beer.
- The craft beer industry is majorly driven by its Premiumization aspect, wherein the consumers willingly pay higher prices for craft beer than its traditional counterparts due to its exotic flavor profile and convenience of making. Thus, higher margins associated with craft beer fetches higher profitability.
- May 2017: Heineken purchased a 50% stake in Lagunitas Brewing Company to accelerate their growth in craft beer market internationally.
- December 2016: New Belgium Brewing Company announced the introduction of four new varieties of craft beer: Dayblazer Easygoing Ale, Tartastic Lemon Ginger Sour, Citradelic Exotic Lime Ale, Bell’s Brewery, Inc., and Voodoo Ranger 8 Hop Ale.
- February 2016: Pennsylvania’s Victory Brewing and New York’s Southern Tier Brewing has formed an alliance to create a new company called Artisanal Brewing Ventures.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Market Overview
4. Market Segmentation
5. Competitive Landscape
6. Company Profiles
- D.G. Yuengling and Son
- The Boston Beer Company
- New Belgium Brewing Company
- Bell’s Brewery Inc.
- The Gambrinus Company
- Sam Adams
- Sierra Nevada
- Stone & Wood Brewing Co.
- The Lagunitas Brewing Company
- Feral Brewing Co.
- Molson Coors
- Constellation Brands
- Anheuser-Busch InBev
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c2fsvg/global_craft_beer?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180531006314/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: RETAIL FOOD/BEVERAGE WINE & SPIRITS
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2018.
PUB: 05/31/2018 02:59 PM/DISC: 05/31/2018 02:59 PM