Chemical spill sends 5 to hospital with throat irritation
HOPKINTON, Mass. (AP) — Five people were treated for throat irritation following a chemical spill at a manufacturing facility in Massachusetts.
Emergency crews from multiple agencies responded to the leak Friday night at Hutchinson Aerospace and Industry in Hopkinton.
The chemical was identified as trichloroethylene, a substance commonly used as an industrial solvent.
WHDH-TV reports that crews quickly stopped the spill.
Those exposed to the chemical are expected to suffer no long-term effects.