Maria Sophocles, M.D. Provides 2019 Health Forecast
PRINCETON, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec 10, 2018--As we head into 2019, Maria Sophocles, M.D., OB/GYN at Women’s Healthcare of Princeton, reminds us not to believe every trend a celebrity touts, and describes what’s new as well as tried and true solutions to recurring, embarrassing health issues and new technology to keep us safe and more comfortable as we age.
“Women’s health trends over the past year have kept us gynecologists very busy! We have seen the introduction of ‘vajacials,’ CBD vaginal suppositories, and even vulva highlighters to enhance the appearance of the vagina. All the while, education and real solutions related to maintaining optimal health have been pushed to the side,” says Sophocles. “It’s time to shift the conversation and set the record straight.”
Here’s what’s new:
- Finally, a real solution to urinary/fecal incontinence without surgery or pills or pads. Pending FDA approval, Attain by InControl Medical, the first over-the-counter, non-implantable muscle stimulator with biofeedback to treat stress, urge, mixed urinary and fecal incontinence in men and women.
- The Replens Brand now offers a complete family of products that work together to provide a comprehensive solution to both internal and external vaginal dryness for all ages due to menstruation, after childbirth, while nursing or as a symptom of menopause and beyond. Hormone-free Replens Moisturizer corrects the root cause of dryness by hydrating the vaginal tissues, replenishing moisture and rejuvenating dry vaginal cells for three days. Replens External Comfort Gel soothes the outside skin surrounding the vagina when it becomes irritated and painful during sex, walking, prolonged sitting, and exercising, and leaves behind a protective barrier to help prevent further irritation while penetrating and softening the skin. Silicone based, Replens Silky Smooth should be applied just before sex to ease penetration, reduce abrasion and enhance sexual activity.
- For TTC couples, the use of cycle tracking apps alone is not efficient in detecting most fertile days. A new study shows that apps can only provide a ‘rough’ ovulation window for couples trying to conceive. To pinpoint the two most fertile days of the month, try an at-home ovulation test like First Response.
- New moms should remember to keep taking their prenatal vitamins, like OB Complete, especially if they are breastfeeding.
- Good news for women suffering with hot flashes: Divigel, a topical gel that delivers estradiol, estrogen identical to that produced naturally by the body prior to menopause, will soon be available in 0.75 mg to help women experiencing hot flashes and night sweats.
- Less is more to maintain vaginal health. Scented products, cleansing wipes and detox masks usually do more harm than good. Remember that as long as you keep your vaginal pH in the normal range of 3.8-4.5 with RepHresh Gel, you most likely will not experience odor or other more serious issues.
- vitafusion is now the only vitamin brand with clinically proven equivalence to traditional vitamin tablets and caplets when it comes to absorption. In the first clinical studies of its kind, Vitamin C gummies and Vitamin D gummies from vitafusion were compared to their respective caplet and tablet counterparts for absorption, the key measure of effectiveness. The Vitamin C study concluded that the vitafusion gummy was just as effectively utilized by the body as the caplet form. The Vitamin D study showed the gummy to be, in fact, more effective than a tablet.
- Lisa M. Cini makes available the latest technology curated from around the world, specifically designed to help our family members age on their own terms with the freedom to safely maintain their independent lifestyle with items for the home, healthy living, memory assistance, companionship, fitness and mobility, and vision & hearing.
- Tried and true Wellgate Wrist Supports help women ease painful symptoms of tendonitis, arthritis and sprains and provides rehab for painful symptoms of Carpal Tunnel and Thoracic Outlet Syndrome without surgery.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181210005605/en/
CONTACT: Jaimie Weiner
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA NEW JERSEY
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: SENIORS WOMEN HEALTH FITNESS & NUTRITION MEDICAL DEVICES PHARMACEUTICAL OTHER HEALTH BABY/MATERNITY PARENTING CONSUMER GAY & LESBIAN GENERAL HEALTH MEN
SOURCE: Women’s Healthcare of Princeton
Copyright Business Wire 2018.
PUB: 12/10/2018 11:21 AM/DISC: 12/10/2018 11:21 AM