2018 Market for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) in India: Revenues Expected to Surpass $5.5 Billion by the End of 2020 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct 2, 2018--The “Market for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients in India - Forecast and Analysis 2018” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The market for APIs in India is expected to cross revenues of USD 5.5 billion by the end of 2020, with high growth expected post 2020 as well. The data covered in this report ranges from 2008 till 2020.
The Indian market for active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) has been growing strongly in recent years, led by the generic and biosimilar markets. The patent expiries of several blockbuster drugs that has been ongoing is believed to further contribute to the growth of the active pharmaceutical ingredient market in India.
The market for APIs in India remains dominated by the synthetic API market since the last decade. The rise of the biotechnology sector in India has caused an increase in biotech API market revenues as well, though the segment continues to lag behind the synthetic API market. It is expected that the synthetic API market will continue to lead the industry in the years to come.
India has one of the fastest growing pharmaceutical industries in the world, ranking third in terms of volume. The cities of Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, and others have become lucrative pharmaceutical hubs in India.
The Indian government has also been dedicatedly encouraging the growth of drug manufacturing in India. However, the lack of patent protection is a huge issue facing the Indian drugs market at present. Lack of intellectual property rights has made the industry undesirable to many foreign companies looking to invest in the country.
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive Summary
2. Introduction to Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients
3. Global Market for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs)
4. Market for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) in Asia Pacific
5. Market for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) in India
6. API Market in India: Industry Segmentation
7. Major Industry PlayersAllergan PLC Aptuit, Inc. Aurobindo Pharma BASF SE Biocon Ltd. Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH Bristol-Myers Squibb Company Cipla Ltd. Dishman Pharmaceuticals & Chemicals Ltd. Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Limited Koninklijke DSM N.V. Lonza Group AG Lupin Limited Medtronic PLC Mylan Inc. Novartis AG Pfizer Inc. Ranbaxy Laboratories Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bq6lsf/2018_market_for?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181002005447/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Pharmaceutical Intermediates
KEYWORD: ASIA PACIFIC INDIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HEALTH PHARMACEUTICAL
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2018.
PUB: 10/02/2018 05:38 AM/DISC: 10/02/2018 05:38 AM