Fire crews free man’s hand from chimney flue
STAMFORD, Conn. (AP) — Firefighters and emergency medical responders in Connecticut rescued a man whose hand was crushed after it got caught in a chimney flue over the weekend.
Stamford fire officials tell the Advocate the man was cleaning up a construction area when a 5-foot piece of unsupported chimney fell and pinned his arm Saturday evening.
Fire crews secured and then dismantled the chimney to free the man’s arm.
He was then transported to Stamford Hospital.
His name was not released.
Information from: The Advocate, http://www.stamfordadvocate.com