2 students hurt in welding accident at college tech center
DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) — Two students were taken to a hospital for treatment after a welding accident at a community college facility in Davenport.
One student was injured Tuesday at the Blong Technology Center when a spark flew into her clothing and burned her, said Eastern Iowa Community Colleges spokesman Alan Campbell. The second student was burned when he tried to help her.
Their names and the extent of their injuries have not been released.