Girl, 11, injured playing with fireworks in home
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Police say an 11-year-old who was playing with fireworks inside her Philadelphia home was injured when one exploded.
It happened Tuesday on North Marvine Street.
Retired nurse Janice McDonald tells WPVI-TV someone came running out of the house saying a little girl’s fingers were cut off. McDonald says she wrapped the hand to help stop the bleeding.
Relatives say doctors are trying to save three of the girl’s fingers. She’s in stable condition.
Police say there was damage to the bedroom where the explosion occurred.