Billerica Man Hospitalized After I-93 Road-rage Incident
BILLERICA -- A Billerica man was hospitalized following a road rage incident that transpired in the breakdown lane off Interstate 93 in Andover on Monday.
The other combatant involved in the fist fight between the two drivers remains on the loose, according to a State Police press release.
Police received numerous reports of the road rage incident between two men in the breakdown lane, north of Exit 42 in Andover, about 5:20 p.m. Police arrived at the scene to find the two men involved had left the area.
A short time later, Tewksbury police reported they located one of the men near the intersection of Shawsheen and East streets.
The man, a 36-year-old Billerica resident, had been injured during the fight. He was transported to Lowell General Hospital/Saints Campus for treatment of minor injuries, police said.
The other man involved is described as a white male, wearing a blue shirt, khaki cargo pants and construction boots. He is believed to have been driving a blue or black Mazda CX-5 at the time of the incident. Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to contact police at 978-475-3800.
-- AARON CURTIS
NM ‘hit list’ rumors unfounded
TOWNSEND -- Rumors circulating on social media about a student in the North Middlesex Regional School district creating a “hit list” are unfounded, district officials say.
District officials put out a statement Monday saying there is no threat or danger to the district or community following an investigation into a verbal dispute among a group of students, which led to the rumors on social media.
School officials working in partnership with the district’s school resource officer concluded that a verbal dispute between two students escalated when one student allegedly threatened to physically harm the other, according to the statement.
“The situation has been resolved consistent with the district’s code of student conduct,” according to a statement released the North Middlesex Regional School District on Monday.
-- AARON CURTIS
Artisans Exchange anniversary
CHELMSFORD -- The Artisans Exchange will hold its one-year anniversary celebration Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the shop, located at 24 Central Sq.
- Meet and greet with glass mosaic artist Vera Clauson, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Choose your own piece of sea glass and Karen Shaver from New England Sea Glass Designs will set it in a pendant, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Weaver and fiber artist Caroline Ronten will lead loom lessons 2 to 4 p.m.
- Live music by Niall McDaid, 2:30 p.m.
- Free OneHope Wine tastings, 3 to 5 p.m.
- Harpist, author and artist Anna Portillo will perform and sign books, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Live alcohol ink art demonstrations by LKJ InkArt, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- Free food tasting by Plantz Cafe, 12:30 p.m.
- Free craft beer tasting by Vinal Square Craft Beer House & Premium Liquors, 1 to 3 p.m.
- Live music by Susanna Doyle, 1 to 3 p.m.
- Free coffee by Zippy’s Espresso Love, free parking all weekend.
-- ALANA MELANSON