2 UP teens who died in vehicle had carbon monoxide poisoning
BARAGA, Mich. (AP) — Two of three Upper Peninsula teens found unconscious in a running vehicle in February died from carbon monoxide poisoning, a sheriff said.
The deaths of Dylan Roberts of L’Anse and Christopher Turpeinen of Pelkie shocked their small communities, especially the L’Anse school district. A third teenager emerged from a coma three days after the Feb. 17 incident.
WLUC-TV said Baraga County Sheriff Rick Johnson released the cause of the deaths after toxicology tests were completed.
“Both of these boys were widely known throughout the school,” classmate Addison Mattson said in February. “They weren’t just friends to just one or two people. They were friends with everybody.”