1. Deborah Kay Schwartz, 8, was shot in the eye with a BB gun Jan. 4 at a home on Ricker Road in Grabill. She died Jan. 5. A younger sibling shot her, Allen County police said. No charges were filed. Location not on map.
2. Destinie Haywood, 21, was found shot in a vehicle in the parking lot of the Sunoco gas station and MyMarket convenience store in the 4200 block of South Hanna Street early Jan. 4. She later died at a hospital.
3,4,5. Preonda M. Jones, 37, Brianna R. Gould, 24, and her unborn son were shot to death Jan. 20 in a home in the 1200 block of Lillie Street. Deyante A. Stephens, 26, will stand trial Feb. 26 on three counts of murder and one count of using a firearm in the commission of an offense.
6. Samuel Douglas Westlake, 37, was found shot to death Feb. 19 in an SUV in the parking lot of Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, 3320 Coliseum Blvd. W. Joshua Mackin, 33, is charged with murder, unlawful possession of a firearm, using a firearm in the commission of an offense and being a habitual offender. A three-day trial is scheduled for March 5.
7. Shaquille Jovon Rancefer, 24, was found shot to death Feb. 20 in an apartment at 4917 Northcrest Drive.
8. Lxzander Carrillo, 21/2 months old, was found badly injured March 12 at a home at 120 E. Pontiac St. He died later that day at a hospital. He died from a brain hemorrhage due to skull fractures as a result of blunt force injuries to the head. His father, Julio Carrillo, 19, pleaded guilty to felony neglect and battery Dec. 7. He’ll be sentenced Jan. 17.
9. William Michael Adamonis, 31, was found March 15 shot in a car at Van Buren Street and Michaels Avenue. Police said he had been shot in the parking lot of The Broadway Grill. Adamonis died at a hospital.
10. Benjamyn Otto McKinney Frederick, 5, was found badly injured March 8 in a home at 1218 Gay St. He later died at a hospital. He died from neck compression and blunt force trauma. Danial Tyrell Pope, 28, Benjamyn’s mother’s boyfriend, is charged with his murder. A four-day trial is scheduled for Jan. 29.
11. Shawn Deon Ware, 45, was found shot to death April 1 in the 2200 block of Eckart Street.
12. Javon T. Burnett, 26, was found shot to death April 1 in the 3900 block of Newport Avenue.
13. Malcolm D. Robinson, 40, was found shot to death April 5 in an alley in the 800 block of Harmar Street.
14. Ashton Shawn Bright, 25, was found shot to death April 15 at 2827 Fruehauf Drive.
15. Darius Marcel Boone, 14, was shot in the head at a home at 2810 Chestnut St. on April 15. He died in a hospital the next day. Devon Weaver, 14, was charged April 16 as a juvenile with criminal recklessness.
16. Jocelyn Dawn Rana Belcher, 2, was found dead Jan. 27in her home in the 200 block of East Butler Street. The cause of her death was neck compression. Her mother, Crystal Belcher, 29, and Shane Patton, 31, are each charged with three counts of neglect of a dependent.
17. Alastair Cordell Stephens, 38, was found lying in the 3900 block of Bowser Avenue May 8. He had been shot multiple times and was taken to a hospital in critical condition. He died at the hospital.
18. Dominik Alijuon Files, 28, was taken by private conveyance to a hospital where he died May 25 from gunshot wounds. Police were called to investigate shots fired in the 4800 block of Gaywood Drive at 2:20 a.m.
19. Lucia Aviles Segura, 41, was found in the basement at 808 Baxter St. on May 30. Her husband, Julio Rodriguez, told police he accidentally cut her throat with a machete. He pleaded guilty to murder and was sentenced to 50 years in prison Dec. 13.
20. Fermin H. Rosa Jr., 57, was found June 10 in the basement of his home at 1309 St. Marys Avenue. He had been beaten to death.
21. Donta L. Gundy, 27, was found shot to death in an alley June 24 in the 1500 block of Oxford Street.
22. Brandon Edward Bittner, 27, was found shot to death in a home in the 9400 block of Greyhawk Drive on June 26.
23,24,25. Three men were killed in an early morning shooting June. 28. Deshaun Devon Richards, 25 and Breondon Devon Pinkston, 28, were both found in a vehicle suffering from gunshot wounds in the 400 block of Fourth Street. Dernail Ivory Brown, 26, was found shot near the intersection of Harrison and Fourth Streets.
26. Randy Ray Singleton, 52, was found beaten to death, lying on the tennis courts at Weisser Park in the 3000 block of South Hanna Street on June 28.
27. Michelle Lee Funk-Pike was found beaten to death May 15 in a room at the Regency Inn in 1000 block of West Coliseum Boulevard. David Fabela, 35, is charged with murder.
28. Tramane L. Scott, 29, was found shot in the 200 block of Masterson Avenue on July 15. He later died at a hospital.
29. Carlos M. Hamilton, 19, was found shot to death July 21 in a car in the Walgreens parking lot at State and Coliseum boulevards.
30. Michael Ternell Carter, 40, was found shot to death early in the morning July 29 at the American Legion parking lot, 705 E. Lewis St.
31. Kiara Danielle Murphy, 22, was shot July 22 in a home in the 6500 block of Old Trail Road. She was taken in serious condition to a hospital where she died.
32. Orlando Fernandez, 60, died Aug. 8 of cardiopulmonary arrest due to coronary artherosclerosis heart disease after he was beaten on U.S. 30 near the U.S. 33 interchange. Brandon M. Cook, 27, was charged Aug. 13 with involuntary manslaughter. A three-day trial is scheduled for Feb. 5.
33. Ricky Joe Pelmear, 40, was found shot to death Aug. 30 in the 800 block of Madison Street. Travon Fincher, 21, is charged with murder and two counts of aggravated battery. A three-day trial is scheduled for Feb. 19.
34. Lizzie Lee Caldwell, 68, was badly burned in a house fire at 5613 S. Harrison St. on Sept. 12. She died Sept. 28. Eddie Lee Caldwell, 54, her estranged husband, is charged with murder, burglary resulting in serious bodily injury, arson resulting in serious bodily injury, aggravated battery and a misdemeanor charge for invasion of privacy. A four-day trial is scheduled for Feb. 5.
35. Courtney Marie Brown, 24,was found shot in the head at her home at 1924 Medford Drive in New Haven on Sept. 20. Her husband, Wiley Brown III, 26, is charged with murder and using a firearm in the offense. A three-day trial is scheduled for Feb. 26.
36. Drake Amir Wells, 21, was found shot to death Sept. 30 in the 3400 block of Congress Avenue.
37. Aristotle J. King, 43, was found shot to death Oct. 18 in a vehicle in the 4500 block of South Wayne Avenue.
38. Joy Steiss, 64, was found dead in her home at 2815 Stanford Drive on Oct. 24. She had been strangled and beaten. Her son, Jason Alan Steiss, 34, is charged with murder.
39. Truvarus L. Giddens Jr., 22, was shot Nov. 11 in the 2500 block of Barr Street. He died at a hospital.
40. Brinden R. Hall Fletcher, 25, was shot Nov. 12 in a parking lot in the 1100 block of West State Boulevard. He was taken in a private car to a hospital where he died.
41,42,43. Joevonn M. Johnson, 23, Colton D. Messmer, 20 and Tracey A. Andrews, 21, were shot to death around 10:15 p.m. Thanksgiving night, Nov. 22, at 6116 Downington Drive. Kameron Joyner, 22, is charged with three counts of murder, two counts of attempted murder and one count of criminal recklessness. Gerald Pinkston, 22, is also charged with three counts of murder and one count of criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon.
The coroner has not declared homicides in these two cases, but murder charges have been filed in each.
44. Laura E. Larkin, 33, was strangled to death in her home at 2429 Cass St. on Nov. 26. Cordell Patterson, 22, is charged with murder and robbery.
45. Janaya Michelle Boone, 38, was found stabbed to death at the Regency Inn, 1004 Coliseum Blvd. W., on Dec. 12. Her husband, Tyrin Boone, 40, is charged with murder.