AP NEWS

2 men severely burned in Stead oven explosion, house fire

November 12, 2019 GMT

RENO, Nev. (AP) — Two men were severely burned in a house fire triggered by an oven explosion in Stead north of Reno.

The Reno Fire Department says the explosion and fire occurred while the two handymen were working on the kitchen appliance shortly after 11 a.m. Tuesday.

The hair of an elderly woman who was inside the home was badly singed but no other injuries were reported. The men suffered burns to their hands.

Fire crews snuffed out the blaze but they say the kitchen is a total loss and the house near Stead Boulevard is uninhabitable.

The incident remains under investigation.