VALLEY SANTA: Mothers Ask For Gifts For Their Children

November 28, 2018 GMT

Angela, a single mother of six children, said this was an extremely difficult year for her and her family.

She was injured at her job and was out of work for four months.

“During this time, bills just built up,” Angela wrote in a letter to Valley Santa.

Angela is back to work but she is only being paid minimum wage.

She asked for Valley Santa’s help to provide Christmas presents to her children.

“I am trying to get caught up,” she wrote. “There is no way I can get caught up and provide Christmas.”

Her letter was one of many sent to Valley Santa from parents in need of assistance this holiday season in buying Christmas gifts for their children.


In another letter, local mother Erin wrote that she is not working and she asked for help to give her children “the Christmas they deserve.”

One of her children has autism and the other has behavioral problems.

“They need a lot of attention and finding work has been difficult for me,” Erin wrote.

Valley Santa needs donations to ensure every child in need throughout Luzerne County has a gift to open on Christmas morning.



Send a check or money order to The Valley Santa Fund Inc., P.O. Box 5276, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711. Checks should be made payable to The Valley Santa Fund Inc. Visit valleysanta.org to donate via PayPal. All donations are tax deductible. Monetary donations also will be accepted at any M&T Bank branch in the Wyoming Valley. Because Santa has no workshop or warehouse space, no new or used toys can be accepted. Donors names will be published in The Citizens’ Voice and Standard-Speaker.



Write a letter in care of Valley Santa, P.O. Box 5268, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711. Explain the need that exists in as much detail as possible. You must include your name, ages and genders of your children, your full address, zip code and telephone number. The letter must be co-signed by a clergy member or social worker and must include their name, address and telephone number for confirmation purposes. Requests will be considered for children 12 years of age and younger. Requests must be postmarked by Dec. 15. No telephone requests will be accepted.



Call Help Line: 570-829-1341.