Fresno woman to get $5.7M over son’s electrocution
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — A Fresno woman whose 12-year-old son was accidentally electrocuted will receive $5.7 million in a wrongful death lawsuit.
The Fresno Bee says Victoria Antunez settled her suit Wednesday with the owners and managers of an apartment building in southeast Fresno.
Her son, Adrian Antunez Perez, was playing football with friends in 2017 when the ball fell between a wall and a chain-link fence. The boy was electrocuted when he reached for the ball.
The fence of the Villa Margaritas apartments had become electrified by a nearby exposed live wire.
The lawsuit said the apartment owners and manager used a handyman who wasn’t a licensed electrician to install the wiring to power a surveillance camera. It said the work was faulty and done without city permits or inspections.