Click to copy
Click to copy

Apartment resident suffers severe burns in kitchen fire

August 30, 2018

COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say a man suffered severe burns during a fire at his western Iowa apartment.

The Daily Nonpareil reports that Council Bluffs police and firefighters were dispatched around 10:20 a.m. Wednesday. They found the injured man outside his home, and he was taken a hospital in nearby Omaha, Nebraska. His name hasn’t been released.

Acting Assistant Fire Chief Mike Godbout says investigators suspect the fire resulted from a cooking accident. The apartment sustained minor damage.


Information from: The Daily Nonpareil, http://www.nonpareilonline.com

All contents © copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.