Two East Idaho men plead guilty to child porn charges in separate cases
POCATELLO — Two East Idaho men pleaded guilty in federal court this week to transportation of child pornography charges.
According to 39-year-old Blackfoot resident Buster Locklear’s plea agreement, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children received 16 reports of child pornography being uploaded to internet utilities and websites related to two of Locklear’s email accounts between February and August 2017.
Prosecutors said some of the online utilities and websites were registered in Locklear’s own name.
Federal agents later reviewed Locklear’s Google accounts and found 239 files containing child pornography, prosecutors said. The pornography included 13 videos and 226 images.
Agents also searched Locklear’s residence and seized multiple electronic devices. Between the Google accounts and the devices, agents found 16,311 images and 306 videos of child pornography. Investigators said 1,603 images and 24 video files from the collection featured victims previously identified by law enforcement.
According to 41-year-old Pocatello resident Christopher Holtry’s plea agreement, Homeland Security Investigations received a lead from Canadian authorities regarding a chatroom called “Tabou5.”
In the chatroom, prosecutors said a user shared an image of child pornography and made assertions that the female child in the image was his daughter.
Authorities later found that the internet protocol addresses associated with the chatroom user’s online activity were registered to Holtry’s residence in Pocatello.
Law enforcement agents executed a search warrant at Holtry’s residence and seized multiple phones and computers. Prosecutors said these devices contained 134 images and 20 videos of child pornography.
The plea agreement said that Holtry later admitted in an interview that he estimated having viewed and possessed approximately 1,000 images of child pornography.
The charge of transportation of child pornography is punishable by 5 to 20 years in prison, a maximum fine of $250,000 and a term of supervised release of five years to life.
Sentencings for both men are set for Aug. 27, before U.S. District Court Judge David C. Nye at the federal courthouse in Pocatello.