New charges filed against man in theater bomb threat case
BELLINGHAM, Wash. (AP) — A man accused of making a bomb threat at a movie theater in Washington state has been charged with additional counts.
The Bellingham Herald reported Wednesday that 27-year-old Ryan MacFarlane pleaded not guilty last week to felony harassment and misdemeanor disorderly conduct charges.
According to Whatcom County court records, MacFarlane was charged with making a bomb threat following a Bellingham screening of “Avengers: Endgame” in late April.
Authorities say MacFarlane stood up with a backpack on during the movie’s final scenes and told the audience that “this bomb will help you get to the end.”
The outburst prompted an evacuation of the movie theater complex.
Police say an armed bystander helped detain MacFarlane until officers arrived.
According to the documents, MacFarlane told police he never mentioned a bomb.
Information from: The Bellingham Herald, http://www.bellinghamherald.com