ME: Father and adult son died of drug overdoses
BRANFORD, Conn. (AP) — The state medical examiner has determined that the father and adult son found dead in their Connecticut apartment in August died of drug overdoses.
WTIC-TV reports that the medical examiner confirmed that both 71-year-old David Wells and 36-year-old Jason Wells died of acute intoxication of a combination of drugs.
They were found in the Branford apartment Aug. 15.
Authorities say two different opioids, including fentanyl, and two anti-anxiety medications were found in their bodies.
The medical examiner says the younger man also had cocaine in his system.
Officials ruled both deaths accidental.
Police said when the bodies were discovered that they had ruled out homicide.
Information from: WTIC-TV, http://www.fox61.com