LELAND, N.C. (AP) — Authorities have charged a North Carolina man with involuntary manslaughter in the death of an 18-year-old woman last December.
Coroner: California college student died from alcohol
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say a Southern California college student found dead in a home near campus died from alcohol poisoning.
UMass fraternity charged after student got alcohol poisoning
AMHERST, Mass. (AP) — A fraternity at the University of Massachusetts Amherst has been indicted about a year after a student suffered alcohol poisoning.
3 dead from drinking bootleg booze in Iran
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iranian media are reporting that at least three men have died after drinking bootleg alcohol in northern Iran.
The Wednesday report by the semi-official Fars news agency says 14 others have been hospitalized in serious condition.
Reza Shakarami, prosecutor in the city of Karaj, said the poisonings, which happened Tuesday, are under investigation.
Frat pledge’s alcohol death leads to hazing charges for 9
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Nine Florida State University fraternity members were charged with hazing Wednesday in the death of a 20-year-old pledge who authorities say drank a lethal amount of bourbon and malt liquor at an off-campus party overflowing with alcohol and strippers.
Maryland teenager who died of alcohol poisoning had fake IDs
BETHESDA, Md. (AP) — Police say a Maryland teenager found dead of alcohol poisoning in a frigid stream had two fake driver's licenses that indicated he was old enough to buy alcohol.
Navid Sepehri of Bethesda died after a party last month.
Montana State suspends fraternity after student hospitalized
BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP) — A Montana State University fraternity was suspended by the school after a report of a student being hospitalized for alcohol poisoning after a party at the house.
Penn State fraternity faces underage drinking charges
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) — A fraternity at Penn State University is facing charges of furnishing liquor to minors after two underage women were hospitalized for alcohol poisoning.
Court records show Alpha Chi Rho is facing charges after allegedly serving the alcohol at a Sept. 28 fraternity house party.
Police say the women were allowed to enter the party, and at no time were they asked for identification. Medical records show the women were later hospitalized.
Warrant: Radford student had signs of ‘extreme intoxication’
RADFORD, Va. (AP) — Court records say authorities who found a Virginia freshman unresponsive in a Radford University dorm were responding to a report of an alcohol poisoning.
The college in southwest Virginia has said 19-year-old Jacob B. Terry's death is being investigated as an accident, but few other details have been released.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — A former University of Missouri student is suing a fraternity and its parent organization over an alleged hazing incident he says left him with near-fatal alcohol poisoning while the frat already was on probation for alcohol infractions.
STEPHENVILLE, Texas (AP) — Two dozen people have been charged with three hazing counts each in April hazing incidents that put five Tarleton State University students in the hospital with alcohol poisoning.
The hazing happened at two parties April 20 that Stephenville police said at the time were believed to be "initiation proceedings" held by two intramural softball teams.
3 charged in alcohol poisoning death of college student
WATERTOWN, S.D. (AP) — Three people are facing misdemeanor charges after a 19-year-old Lake Area Tech student died of alcohol poisoning in Watertown.
KSFY-TV reports (http://bit.ly/2nsbrDX ) that a 21-year-old woman is accused of buying alcohol for an underage person, a 19-year-old man is accused of furnishing alcohol to an underage person, and another 19-year-old man is accused of hosting a party where alcohol was consumed by people under age.
WATERTOWN, S.D. (AP) — Investigators say a 19-year-old woman has died of apparent alcohol poisoning in Watertown.
Police and paramedics were called to a home early Tuesday and found the woman unresponsive. She was pronounced dead at Prairie Lakes Hospital.
Police say three to four people were inside the home at the time. Witnesses told investigators that the group had been drinking during a small gathering.
Fraternity suspends social events after alcohol death
STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) — Members of an Oklahoma State University fraternity have suspended social events for the academic year after the death of a member by alcohol poisoning last year.
The Oklahoman newspaper reports (http://bit.ly/2kdAsSB ) that the Sigma Chi fraternity put themselves on social probation.
Autopsy: Oklahoma State student died of alcohol poisoning
STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) — An autopsy on an Oklahoma State University student from Texas who was found dead in a fraternity house says he died of alcohol poisoning and an enlarged heart.
The report released Tuesday by the state medical examiner's office says the death of 20-year-old Brandon Matthew Cavazos of Bedford, Texas, was accidental.
Death toll in alcohol poisoning in Russia climbs to 72
MOSCOW (AP) — Local health officials in Russia's Siberia say the number of people who have died from drinking a bath lotion that contained methanol has climbed to 72.
The health ministry in the Irkutsk region said on its website Thursday that another 33 were still in hospital while six others have been discharged.
Bottles with the lotion carried warnings that they weren't for internal use, but labels said the product contained ethyl alcohol rather than methanol.
University of Missouri deals with alcohol-related incidents
COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) — Documents obtained by the Columbia Daily Tribune show 16 students who drank at University of Missouri fraternities were taken to hospitals for alcohol poisoning since August 2015.
Those incidents included cases reported to the university police or the Department of Student Life. Records showed six incidents involving an emergency medical response where a student didn't have to be transported to a hospital, the Daily Tribune (http://j.mp/2hfGWeH ) reported.
Alcohol poisoning death toll in Russian city rises to 49
MOSCOW (AP) — The death toll from alcohol poisoning in a Siberian city has risen to at least 49 Monday after the victims consumed a counterfeit bath lotion containing deadly methanol.
Local officials in Irkutsk went house-to-house in search for more victims and introduced a state of emergency Monday, while the Russian government called for tighter regulation of the alcohol market.
8 die of alcohol poisoning in Russia; 10 others hospitalized
MOSCOW (AP) — Russia's top investigative agency says that at least eight people have died of alcohol poisoning in a Siberian city.
The Investigative Committee said Sunday that at least 18 people had got poisoned after consuming a bath lotion containing alcohol in Irkutsk, Russia's sixth-largest city with a population of 1.1 million. Eight of them have died and the 10 others have been hospitalized in grave condition.
“You didn’t get a speaker, you got a dad” Ken Real announced as he addressed students at Butler County schools.
During National Red Ribbon Week, the Butler Believes in Youth Coalition (BBYC) sponsored Ken Real to present “The Real Deal on Alcohol Poisoning. Know the Signs, Save a Life” last week to student gatherings at Aquinas, David City, and East Butler schools.
On September 5, 2014, Ken Real received the call that his son, Clay, was dead.
Binge-drinking UMass student nearly dies in Pennsylvania
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) — A University of Massachusetts student nearly died of alcohol poisoning in central Pennsylvania after police say he drank so much vodka his blood-alcohol content was more than six times the state's legal limit for drivers.