CHICAGO (AP) — Children's advocates want the American Psychological Association to condemn the tech industry's practice of using persuasive psychological techniques to keep kids glued to their screens.
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Nebraska State Senator John Stinner, Sr. received the 2018 State Legislator of the Year award from the American Psychological Association Practice Organization in recognition of his outstanding commitment to legislative action in support of psychologists’ efforts to provide behavioral health services to underserved constituents in Nebraska. Senator Stinner was presented with the award at a ceremony in Washington, D.C. on March 11.
Inside the Beltway: Psychologists: Media stresses out the public
Americans pine to be well informed. But there's a price to pay. New research from the American Psychological Association finds that majorities of the chronically over-informed public are stressed "experiencing anxiety, anger and fatigue" and the news media plays a role in it. Even tracking the news itself is a stressful event for the majority of the public, the study found.
Americans of all political stripes are stressed out regarding the future of the country
In December, one of Nikki Easterling’s patients asked her: “Who did you vote for?”
Easterling, a longtime therapist in Spokane, told the man that she doesn’t share his political beliefs. He was shocked. He told her: “You seem like such a level-headed and good person.”
Tribune Staff WRITER
The Delaware Valley Association of Black Psychologists recently held a celebration to mark the departure of psychologist Arthur Evans Jr. from his position as the commissioner of Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual Disabilities in Philadelphia.
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — We have become a stressed and anxious nation, increasingly so since the election of Donald Trump as president.
Concerns about immigration restrictions, health care, past sexual trauma and world peace rose even before Trump was elected and have continued since his inauguration, say mental health caregivers in Connecticut.
- Globe NewswireMYnd Analytics Partners with VisionQuest to Provide Telepsychiatry Services for its Community-Based Outpatient Mental Health Clinic in PennsylvaniaAugust 2, 2018
- BusinessWireDefamation Suit against APA, David Hoffman, and Sidley Austin LLP Expands; Suit Brought by Louis J. Freeh of Freeh Sporkin & Sullivan, LLP (Counsel for Dr. Behnke) and Dr. Bonny J. Forrest (Counsel for the Other Plaintiffs)July 30, 2018
- Post-BulletinBoomer Grandpa: Masculinity? Toxic? Not so fast, pilgrimJanuary 24, 2019
- The Daily JournalBen Shapiro: The scientific experts who hate scienceJanuary 13, 2019
- Norfolk Daily NewsVacation AfterglowSeptember 5, 2018